If you experience a dental emergency, be sure to call our practice as soon as possible. If you need immediate attention after hours call our regular office number at 513-662-4555. There will be information on our answering machine directing you to one of our cell phone numbers and/or a dentist in the area who may be covering for us in the event that we are out of town.
We are here to help you, any time, any day. When your dental health is at risk, we will do everything we can to make sure that you’re treated as soon as possible. While dental emergencies are rare, they can happen, and it’s important to know how to take care of your teeth no matter what. Common dental emergencies include:
- Broken or cracked tooth/teeth – if the tooth is not painful, the sharp edge can be covered with soft wax that is available at drugstores. This wouldn’t be considered an “emergency” per se, but we will be happy to see you to make the tooth more comfortable and determine next steps.
- Broken jaw – this requires an oral surgeon. We would refer you to an oral surgeon or a hospital emergency room.
- Permanent tooth knocked out – try to retrieve the tooth, wrap in a wet paper towel, or in a container with milk, or even place in the patient’s mouth inside the cheek. It is essential to see a dentists as soon as possible for the best chance of re-implanting the tooth. Children’s Hospital is the place of choice if we are not immediately available.
- Object caught between teeth
- Severe toothache
- Swelling of tissues in the mouth or face – if swelling is associated with the airway and breathing, call 911