Implant Supported Dentures
Implant-supported dentures are dentures that are held in place by mini implants. For patients with an uncomfortable or loose-fitting denture, stabilizing it with mini implants can be a more comfortable and functional solution.
Mini implants are placed in the jaw, where they are anchored firmly to the surrounding bone. Attachments on the tissue of the denture connect to the implants. When placed in the mouth, the denture snaps onto the implants, keeping it stable and secure.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF DENTURES SUPPORTED BY MINI IMPLANTS?
- People who opt for implant-supported dentures are more confident when they talk, laugh, and eat in public. You’ll never have to worry about your denture slipping or falling out while you eat or are engaged in conversation.
- Implant-supported dentures are far more comfortable because they are secure and feel like natural teeth. There is also less irritation of gum tissue.
- Implant-supported dentures look more natural than conventional dentures because less plastic is needed for retention. Wearing implant-supported dentures can also help your appearance in the long term by preventing jaw shrinkage and bone loss.
- Patients with conventional dentures have difficulty with speaking clearly. Slurred speech and clicking noises are common problems. Implant-supported dentures can help you relax and talk easily with a more clear and natural voice.
- Best of all, with implant-supported dentures, there is no need to use denture adhesives.