Preventive Dentistry in Cincinnati, OH
Preventive dentistry highlights the importance of oral hygiene and daily routines to prevent tooth decay and other dental diseases and conditions. Effective preventive dentistry combines at-home oral care by patients with chairside treatments and counseling by the trained staff of Tepe Family Dentistry.
There are many great reasons to visit your dentist:
• to prevent gum disease
• to check for cavities and other oral diseases or conditions
• to check for signs of oral cancer
• to remove plaque. Plaque that is not removed hardens into tartar, which can only be removed by a dental visit. Tartar makes it difficult to clean your teeth on your own.
• to get rid of food, drink or tobacco stains on the surface of your teeth that cannot be removed with regular brushing and flossing
• to learn about the best way to keep your teeth clean on a daily basis
• to keep your teeth healthy, which will help to keep your body healthy overall
The benefits of preventive dentistry
Considering that oral health is linked to overall health, preventive dentistry is important to your overall well being. Oral diseases can interfere with eating, speaking, daily activities and self-esteem.
In children, severe decay can affect growth and development. Preventive dentistry can result in less extensive – and less expensive – treatment for any dental conditions that may develop, and help you keep your natural teeth for a lifetime.
Preventive dentistry services offered at Tepe Family Dentistry
At Tepe Family Dentistry we urge everyone to take an active role in their oral health. Utilizing industry guidelines can save you from years of pain and expensive procedures. The main service of TFD is the area of preventive dentistry including oral cancer screenings, professional teeth cleanings, and even preventive sealants.